I. CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWERS!
1. Nina : Hi, Icha. How do you do today?
Icha : ……
a. Nice to meet you, Nina. c. I am fine, thank you and how are you?
b. Pretty well, thanks. d. How do you do?
2. Budi : What are you doing here, Ayu?
Ayu : .....
a. I do my homework. c. I helped my mother.
b. My name is Ayu Wantirah. d. I’m waiting for the school bus.
3. Seller : ...........
Buyer : Of course. I need an ounce of chillies and a sack of salt.
a. What can I do for you? c. Can I help you, madam?
b. Do you want to buy anything? d. Oh, nice to meet you here.
4. Budi is my friend and he is smart. He can do very difficult math exercises in a short time. He uses his break time in the library. He .........there.
a. has little snack and soft drink c. has a test
b. talks and makes a gossip d. reads lesson books or student magazine
5. Mrs. Anne wants to buy carrots, tomatoes, chillies, and cabbage in the market so she must go to the .....
a. drugstore c. library
b. greengrocer d. Butcher
6. Look at the picture below!
a. He goes to the swimming pool
b. He is swimming
c. He is wearing sun glasses
d. He is not swimming in the swimmingpool but he is studying in the classroom
7. Learn the picture carefully!
a. In the forest b. In the mountain c. At the beach d. At the zoo
8. Many people like to keep this animal at home. They keep it as a pet. People like it because of its soft fur and funny. It likes to eat fish and hunts mice at home.
What is the animal?
a. dog b. Fish c. Cat d. Bird
9. Mr. Yasin ...... Math at our school.
a. teacher b. teach c. Teaches d. Teaching
10. Diran : Ok, Vida! You and I must go to the teacher’s room now. And ......... have to meet Miss Eva.
Vida : Allright. Let’s go now.
a. we b. you c. They d. She
TEXT 1 : Read the text for no. 11 – 14 !
Some people like taking pictures and have lots of photo collections. They usually put the pictures in an album. Sometimes, they also put the pictures in frames. In this way, they can put their pictures on the wall or on their desks for decoration. Do you also have a collection of photographs? Do you want to put your pictures in frames too? Why don’t you make your own frames for the photos? It is very simple to make your own photo frame.
There are five things you need to make this photo frame. They are a styrofoam, some origami paper, a photograph, a glue stick and some varnish. These materials are easy to get. Maybe they are even found in your surroundings.
These are the steps to make a photo fish frame. First, draw a fish on the styrofoam tray. The fish should be a little smaller than the photograph you want to frame. Then, cut the origami paper into small pieces. Next, glue the pieces of origami paper to the tray and to the fish cut-out. This fish cut-out will serve as the frame’s stand. After that varnish the frame and the fish and let them dry. Then glue the fish to the back of the frame and use it to hold the frame. Finally attach your picture to the back of the frame with sellotape. And your photo fish frame is ready.
(Adapted from Pelajaran Bahasa Inggris Kelas VII, Depdiknas,
Dikdasmen, Direktorat Pendidikan Lanjutan Pertama, 2004.)
11. What do some people like to do based on the text above?
a. They like taking pictures and buy camera to take photos.
b. They like taking pictures and have lots of photo collections.
c. They put pictures in an album.
d. They make some photo collections and frames in their photo album.
12. Where do some people put their photo collections?
a. On an album. b. In a frame c. In an album d. In a camera
13. What is the second (2) paragraph talking about?
a. How to make a photo frame c. The materials to make photo frame
b. A hobby of photography d. Steps how to make a photo frame
14. How many materials do we need to make a photo frame based on the text?
a. 3 b. 4 c. 5 d. 6
TEXT 2 : Read the text for no. 15 – 17 !
There is a new department store in our town. It is at the end of the main road. I buy a newspper there everyday. This big store is open everyday, even Sunday. It is always busy on Sunday. A lot of people like togo shopping on Sunday.
They sell milk, eggs, biscuits, tea, sugar, and coffee. You can get aspirin, toothpaste, or a writing pad there. You can also get other things such as clothes, shoes, and cosmetics. You can even buy fruits and vegetables.
Although there are many things in the store, you can find the things you need easily. You can find shoes in the shoe department and vegetables at the vegetable stalls. You can use a trolley when you need to carry too many things. It is really a very big store in our town.
Adapted from: Starting English
15. Where is the new department store located in the writer’s town?
a. In the center of city c. In the village near the city
b. At the end of the main road d. At a busy main road in the city
16. The second paragraph is about .....
a. things we can sell in the store c. things we can buy in the store
b. things we can sell and buy in the store d. daily needs we can buy in the store
17. The following are the things we buy in the store, except......
a. toothpaste and coffee c. writing pad and drugs
b. rice and TV sets d. clothes and vegetables29.a. scissors b. paint c. rebond d. cut
18. many – there – table – books – are – the – on
Rearrange the words into a good sentence!
a. 7-6-3-1-4-2-5 c. 2-5-1-4-7-6-3
b. 7-6-5-4-1-2-5 d. 2-5-1-3-6-7-4
19. 1. I live in Jombang.
2. My nick name is Rahmad. So you can call me Rahmad.
3. Hello, my friends!
4. My complete name is Rahmad Andika.
5. I am twelve years old.
Rearrange the sentences into a good order to make introduction!
a. 3-4-2-1-5 c. 3-4-2-5-1
b. 3-1-5-2-4 d. 3-2-4-1-5
20. I like reading story books, but ………..
a. I love writing c. I hate gardening
b. I don’t hate listening to music d. I doesn’t reading poetry
21. Sinta needs an English book, but she doesn’t have …….money to buy it.
a. Many b. few c. a little d. any
22. Now – is – father – newspaper – my – reading – a
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
a. 1 – 5 – 4 – 2 – 7 – 3 – 6 c. 5 – 3 – 2 – 6 – 7 – 4 – 1
b. 1 – 3 – 2 – 5 – 6 – 7 – 4 d. 5 – 4 – 2 – 6 – 7 – 3 – 1
23. Mother wants to make fried rice for a party. She needs three ounces of salt and one kilogram of butter. She also needs ........ eggs and ........ rice.
a. much - many b. a lot of - much c. a few - a little d. many - a little
24. I want to make a cup of tea and I need ....... of sugar.
a. a handful b. a pocketful c. two kilograms d. two spoonfuls
25. My mother buys ....... in the market.
a. a mongosteen c. a tomato
b. a pineapple d. a watermelon
TEXT 3 : Complete the blank with suitable words or phrases!
I am a hairdresser. I call my hairdressing .........(36) ”Hair and Beauty”. My job is to make mycustomers’ ..........(37) look beautiful. I open the shop at 10 o’clock and ...........(38) the shop at seven o’clock.
We’re closed on Sundays. My customers are all women. They come to me to have a new hair style. I washtheir hair and then I ..........(39) it into a style. I am very good at my work. I want to be the best .............(40) inIndonesia.
26. a. shop b. school c. cafetaria d. mall
27. a. hand b. hair c. head d. nails
28. a. sell b. serve c. close d. lock
30. a. cutter b. barber c. hairdresser d. People
II. FILL THE CROSSWORD CORRECTLY!
1. Mita …….. my sister.
3. There are 24 ……in a day.
4. ……..! The cat is funny.
7. Jono ….not write a letter
2. We have lesson at …….
5. The sky has …..colour.
6. I am twelve years ......
8. We wear ……in our foot
FILL THE BLANKS!
9. X : ........ money do you need to buy this book ?
Y : Rp. 1.500,00
10. Roni ……….. playing football very much, but Diko hates it.
III. ANSWER THE QUESTIONS CORRECTLY!
Change the sentence into negative form (-)!
1. Miss Alvana tells the students a short story.
(-) ............................................................... .
2. Mr. Fatah goes to Solo by train.
(-) .............................................................. .
3. Complete the dialogue!
Dono : Hi, Dini! How are you today?
Dini : Oh, I’m well and you?
Dono : Pretty well.
Dini : Why do you often come late to school?
Dono : My bicycle is broken. It has had a flat tire.
And you always come to school earlier. How do you go to school?
Dini : ........................................................... .